Full name: Chohdri Wasim Akram Nicknamed As “Sultan of Swing”. Born June 3, 1966, Lahore, Punjab. Batting style Left-hand bat … Bowling style Left-arm fast Major teams Pakistan, Hampshire, Lahore, Lancashire, Pakistan Automobiles Corporation, Pakistan International Airlines. debuta gainst new zeland 1984. Wasim Akram is a former Pakistani Fast Bowler.
Wasim Akram was a genuine left arm fast bowler who can bowl with high pace and left-handed batsman who represented the Pakistan national cricket team in Test cricket and One Day International (ODI) matches. and is the current bowling coach of Kolkata Knight Riders He was educated at Islamia College in Lahore, where he played as an opening bowler and batsman. Like several other Pakistani cricketers during the 1980s, his inclusion into the national side was at the behest of a senior player in the team, which in Akram’s case, was Javed Miandad. wasim akram after getting 500 wickets in ODI’s Wasim Akram is regarded as one of the greatest bowlers in the cricket history of cricket. He holds the world record for most wickets in List A cricket with 881 and is second only to Sri Lankan off-spin bowler “Muttiah Muralitharan” in terms of ODI wickets with 502. Wasim Akram is considered to be one of the founders and perhaps the finest exponent of reverse swing bowling. Wasim has taken 23 Times 4-wicket hauls in ODI in 356 matches he played. In a nutshell Perhaps the best left-arm fast bowler of all time, Wasim Akram could make the ball walk and talk like no one else did. An explosive, exciting genius who could change the game with the bat as well. A dream cricketer. At his best Wasim Akram plays like most of us would wish to. He has complete mastery over swing and seam, and sometimes moves the ball both ways in one delivery. All this comes at high speed from a quick, ball-concealing action, and is backed up by the threat of a dangerous bouncer or deceptive slower delivery.
Wasim Akram, Achievements in Cricket.
- He was the first bowler to reach the 500-wicket mark in ODI cricket during the 2003 World Cup.
- In 2002 Wisden released its only list of best players of all time. Wasim was ranked as the best bowler in ODI of all time
- with a rating of 1223.5, ahead of Allan Donald, Imran Khan, Waqar Younis, Joel Garner, Glen McGrath, Muralitharan and shen warne.
- On 30 September 2009, Akram was one of five new members inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
- won 17 Man-of-the-Match awards in 104 tests.
- He took 4 hat-tricks in International cricket, two in ODIs and two in Tests.
- He finished with 22 Man-of-the-Match awards in ODIs.
- In 199 ODI match wins, he took 326 wickets at under 19 apiece with a run rate of 3.70 and took 18 four-wicket hauls.
- His 257 not-out against Zimbabwe in 1996 is the highest innings by a number 8 batsman in tests.
- He hit 12 sixes in that, most by anyone in a test innings.
- and Many More Records and Award Wasim Have.