10 Amazing Records Of Cristiano RonaldoPosted By: Bill Russell | August 9, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo is the Portuguese footballer who currently plays as a forward for Real Madrid and captains the Portugal football team. Ronaldo started his career in football arena at Old Trafford in 2003 and the rest is history now. Ronaldo is a unique and special player in and off the field. He likes to trouble opponents and finding out their weakest link within the defense. At times, the 30-year-old has embarrassed a lot of big names with his trickery and brilliance. He is one of the most famous sports personalities in the world. Ronaldo has several records under his belt that have kept the fans chanting incessantly and left negative critics in a state of overwhelming amazement. Let’s see the amazing records that the young maestro from Madiera has been able to snare so far.
Amazing Records Of Cristiano Ronaldo
|Spanish League BBVA||29||25||6|
|UEFA Champions League||13||12||6|
|Copa del Rey||4||1||0|
|Super Cup/Club World Cup||2||4||0|
On Field Records:
- While playing for Manchester United, Ronaldo broke George Best’s 33 goal scoring record, which was originally set in the 1967–68 season. Being inducted into the Manchester United Football Club made Ronaldo the first ever Portuguese to play for the football club.
- Ronaldo became the only top European league player in the history of football to reach a milestone of scoring 50 or more goals.
- Ronaldo also broke the record of reaching 100 league goals in the shortest time possible, making him the fastest player in Real Madrid to do so. This record will also include Ronaldo being the first player to reach the status of becoming the first player ever to score against every team in a single season in the ‘La Liga’, in May 2012. In addition, while playing for Real Madrid, he also reached the record for scoring the most goals in a single season, which attributed to most goals being scored in a single minute for the same Club.
- Ronaldo holds the record for most goals scored in a single UEFA Champions League season, having scored 17 goals in the 2013–14 season.
- Next on Records Of Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo became the fastest player to score 200 goals in La Liga in his 178th La Liga game in December 2014. He scored a hat-trick against Celta Vigo; his 23rd hat-trick is also a La Liga record.
- Ronaldo executed 8 hat tricks in the 2014-15 football season, which is the highest number of hat tricks in a single football season.
- Next on Records Of Cristiano Ronaldo, He became the only player ever to play for Sporting’s under-16, under-17, under-18, B-team, and the first team, all within one season.
- In the quarterfinals of 2016-17 UEFA Champions League against Bayern Munich, Ronaldo scored 2 goals to get Real Madrid a 2-1 Victory. Making him the first player to reach 100 goals in the UEFA Champions League.
- In the La Liga against Sevilla, Ronaldo scored two goals against Sevilla which marked his 401 total goals for Real Madrid. This 400 goal mark is equal to Jimmy Greaves and makes Ronaldo one the all time top scorers in the top 5 European Leagues.
Accolades And Other Awards:
- While playing for Manchester United in the Premier League, Cristiano Ronaldo became only the 3rd player in the history of the league to receive the Barclays Player of the Month honors for two consecutive months for November and December 2006. The only two remaining players who received the same award were: Robbie Fowler, who received the award in 1996, and Dennis Bergkamp, who received it in 1997.
- Next on Records Of Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or award thrice, the Ballon d’Or in 2008 and the FIFA Ballon d’Or twice consecutively in 2013 and 2014. It is a prestigious football award granted annually to the player who has displayed impressive performance in the previous year. The selection of the player goes through a strict regime, taking votes from players, coaches, and captains who belong to different teams. The fact that Ronaldo becomes the first Portuguese footballer to win the award thrice makes it an impressive feat indeed.
- In addition to winning the award, Ronaldo also became the first player in England to grab all four main PFA and FWA awards, which he had done in a season of 2007.
- Four days after suffering a car accident, Ronaldo became the first player in the Premier League player to be named the FIFA World Player of the Year. In this way, he also became the first Portuguese player to win the award since Luís Figo in 2001.
- Cristiano Ronaldo was awarded the European Golden Shoe in the years 2008, 2011 2014 and 2015. He is the only player in history to have won the European Golden Shoe four times. The remaining players who have been able to come close to this feat are Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, Fernando Gomes, Ally McCoist, Dudu Georgescu, Gerd Müller. However, while winning the award four times, Ronaldo also became the only player to claim it while playing in two different leagues (English Premier League and Spanish La Liga).
- During the 100th anniversary celebrations of Portuguese Football Federation in January 2015, Cristiano Ronaldo was named as the best Portuguese player of all time by the Federation.
Ronaldo became the most expensive player in football history when he was transferred from Manchester United to Real Madrid. The transfer took place in 2009 and was worth €94 million, which is equivalent to $131.6 million. The record now has been broken by Gareth Bale who was transferred from Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid in €100 million which is equivalent to $136.77 million. Ronaldo’s current contract with Real Madrid states that he is being paid €32 million per year. As of 2017, Ronaldo is the fourth most expensive football player.
So this was the list of 10 amazing records of Cristiano Ronaldo that he has been able to achieve so far. Feel free to suggest any other player you would to like see covered.
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in EVERY MINUTE of a match (1-90). below is the complete breakdown.