Since 1996 World -Cup Cricket Tournament, Cricket has Comes Very Fast. There are So Many Sixes and Fours Being Scored in ODI Cricket. Majority of Fastest Fifty are in The List, Scored After 1996 World -Cup Cricket Tournament. Only 2 of 41 Fifties Are Scored Before That.
The World Record holder of Fastest Fifty In ODIs, was Sanath Jayasuriya, who was the Responsible to introduce power hitting in inside of 15 overs. Jayasuriya has Scored his Fastest Fifty playing just 17 balls, it came against Pakistan in Singapore. N0w AB de Villiers smashed the Fastest Fifty (16 balls) and Also Fastest 100 (31balls).
Fastest Fifty in One Day Internationals
AB de Villiers is The World Record Holder For Fastest Fifty In ODI. the Only Man who Scored 16 Ball Fifty In One Day International….. [Watch Video]. New Zealand Captain BB McCullum is the Latest inclusion with 18 balls Fifty against England in Group Match of World Cup 2015, where his Team Mat Tim Southee has Claimed 6th All Time Best Bowling Figure in ODI with 7/33 Performance.
- The Proteas star, AB de Villiers is top on the list with just utilizing 16 balls to score a half ton. He achieved this feat against West Indies, back in 2015.
- The second on the list is none other then, Sri Lankan legend Jayasuriya who scored fift off just 16 deliveries against Pakistan, back in 1996.
- Rising Sri Lankan opener, Perera sits third on the list, with smashing a half century just off 17 balls.
- We have another 17-balls fifty scorer on the list, and he is none other then Kiwi star batsman Martin Guptill, who did it against Sri Lanka.
- Shahid Afridi aka Boom Boom is still in the top 5 of the list with knocking the historic 18-balls fifty against Sri Lanka, back in 1996.
We are continuously updating this list. whenever someone scores 50 on less than 23 balls, we will update this for sure.
Lates Inclusion: Martin Guptill. New Zealander smashed 17 ball 50, which is 4th all time fastest in One Day International Cricket and All Time Fastest from any New Zealand Batsmen [Video].
Pakistani Pathan Shahid Khan Afridi Appeared in the List 10 Times, More then Any Other in the list of fastest ODI 50s. he has scored Fifty on 18 Balls 3 Times, scored fifty on 19 balls 1 time, 2 times on 20 balls, 3 times on 21 balls and 1 fifty on 22 balls.
- Fastest Centuries in ODI Cricket History
- Most Sixes in ODI Cricket History
- Most Centuries in ODI Cricket History
- Greatest Batsmen in Cricket History
So what you think who out of the young guns will make his way into the list of Fastest Fifties in ODI Cricket by smashing the previously set records.