FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration is the full detail of the Volunteer Program of the Local Organising Committee and where anyone can register him/herself to be a volunteer of the upcoming U17 World Cup.
24 teams, 52 matches, 23 days of pure entertainment. Yes, the FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 is around the corner with few weeks to go. India is the host this time, the first time for the country as well as the sub-continent. Here, in this article of FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration, we will give you all the information regarding the volunteer registration.
FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration
A total of 6 cities are going to host this match. New Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai, Goa, Guwahati are hosting a total of 52 matches. The opening match is going to be held in New Delhi and Final is going to be hosted by Kolkata. The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of the FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 India is looking to recruit volunteers for the preparation and operation of the four-week tournament, hosted in the six venues.
According to LOC, the Volunteer Program will give thousands of people from all parts of society with an exclusive opportunity to be involved with FIFA’s first tournament in the country. They also said, “As a part of the India 2017 Volunteers Team, you will play an important role in developing a lasting legacy for football in India”. A new volunteering culture will rise in the country.
The FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration for the Volunteer Program received a staggering response with approximately 29,360 football devotees between the age of 18 and 72 submitting their applications. These numbers with the help of FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration, represent one of the highest ever count for a volunteer initiative in India’s history and is the highest figure ever received in the history of the FIFA U17 World Cup. The international applicants were equally keen to apply, Local Organizing Committee receiving applications from 84 countries in total. Appreciating everyone for the devastating response, AIFF President and Chairman of the LOC, Praful Patel said, “The response to the volunteer program has been so heartening to see, I thank everyone who has registered to be a volunteer for this landmark moment in Indian football. With the same enthusiasm and support of these volunteers, we are confident of making this a tournament worth remembering for everyone.”
In the process of selecting the volunteers, the first job for AIFF as well as LOC was to select volunteer managers. The Volunteer Manager will be responsible for the complete Volunteer Program from registration onwards of the volunteers to selection to training and on ground functioning. The selected candidate should have clear understanding of volunteer programs for major sporting events and the critical role they play for successful delivery of the tournament. He or She should be able to deliver the FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration Volunteer Program as planned by the LOC in coordination with FIFA. He or she should work with the various functional areas of the LOC to understand the requirements and select correct candidates for correct roles.
Volunteers Activities in FIFA U17 World Cup India 2017
- Volunteers in the area will work with the Venue Coordination Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Training Site Manager and TV & Infotainment Manager to perform the roles.
- They should be doing a daily check if services are working fine, training site management, and Tickets delivery for State VIPs, guests, dignitaries and other important stakeholders.
- They should conduct team services like team requests (water, ice, etc.) before, during and after the matches. Referee requests (water, ice, etc.) before, during and after the matches. Assist the Team Liaison Officer at Venues particularly with translation services into the local language. Assist the referee committee members in competition requirements, such as the correct hoisting of the national teams’ flags, delivering the team lineups and reports to the different other functional areas (VIPs, Media, TV etc.)
- They will work under the Venue Marketing Manager also, Venue Protocol Officer and Venue Youth Program Officer to perform their roles.
- They will work under the Venue Media Officer to perform the roles of photo marshals, management of welcome desks, management centers, and media conference rooms.
- The anti-doping volunteers will work with the FIFA anti-doping team as matrons with the responsibility of getting the selected athlete by the Anti-Doping Commission straight to the anti-doping room after the completion of a game.
- They will also work with the Venue Transport Officer, Venue Customs Officer, and the Venue Airport Operations Officer.
- Security Volunteers will support the Venue Security Officer by Monitoring readiness of various security and operational items including access management, equipment, ticketing deployment and signage content and placement.
- Volunteers are at the heart of the tournament operations. To manage them efficiently, the LOC Venue Volunteer Officer would require the support of the volunteers for the daily tasks during the entire duration of the tournament.
- Those who chose to register as e-Volunteers, their job will be to create a social media buzz about the Tournament and the activities associated with it.
- The LOC will organize a number of ancillary events namely Official Draw, Trophy Experience, etc. At each of these events, the LOC will require volunteers for their smooth conduct.
- The FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration also focused on Mission XI Million, the largest football contact program at school level in India and will provide an opportunity for people from across the country to be part of the football revolution as a Volunteer.
The Local Organizing Committee Tournament Director Javier Ceppi said that “the interest that the FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 India has generated so far among Indians is unprecedented. Through different sources, we have already received thousands of applications to be a part of the tournament, which we can now channel through the volunteer program to make sure that everyone who wants to be involved in this historic event gets a chance to apply.” To get more information and to register your interest in volunteering, please do visit the FIFA.Com official site for FIFA U17 World Cup 2017 Registration. It will undoubtedly be a thrilling competition and approximately 1500 volunteers will be involved in hosting the FIFA U17 World Cup across the six host cities.